Day #2 of 30 Day Minimalist Challenge

I almost persuaded a friend to join me in this challenge but he decided that he was too busy so I think I'm just going to keep this to myself.

So day 2 and 2 items to find and we have a pair of cameras.
The Canon AT-1 I bought second-hand in the early 1990s as I wanted to get into photography. In today's age of great quality point and shoot iPhone pictures it's hard to remember just how much effort taking and developing a photo used to entail! I used it for a year or so but I didn't really have much aptitude for photography so it went into the cupboard. Much like yesterday's vase, it's survived two house moves without ever seeing the light of day. It was never, ever going to be used again. What do I want with a film camera?

The other camera is my daughter's. She recently got a better camera for her birthday and part of the deal was that we would sell this one to put towards the cost. Chances are that I would never have got around to it and this one too would have sat in a cupboard.

Today I've put both of them on eBay with very low starting prices so they will sell (and if by some chance they don't then they'll go to Oxfam) and so that classes as disposing of them in my book.

I'd better start thinking about what I'm going to get rid of tomorrow! This minimalism thing is feeling good.

Comments

Popular Posts