Day #8 of 30 Day Minimalist Challenge

I'm not sure if it's the minimalism that is motivating this but I've started to feel very deliberate, as if each of my actions is considered and purposeful. Not all the time obviously but in moments and those moments are getting longer. I like this effect.

A trip into town today to drop a number of items off at the Oxfam shop. I picked up one of their regular donor tags so that they can claim Gift Aids on my items. It seems to make sense as I imagine that I will be bringing an awful lot more stuff through their door. After doing this I had some time to kill before picking up my daughter. In times gone by I would doubtless have bought something just to pass the time, almost as a reflexive subconscious movement.

Back to today's 8 items;

  • 2 old quartz watches
  • 2 old mobile phones
  • A Queen's Jubilee bookmark
  • A pair of novelty socks
  • A VW bug model kit
  • A broken ornament
The socks in particular are a great example of just what I am trying to avoid. I bought these for my daughter last Xmas. I bought them purely to make up the monetary value of her gifts compared to her sister. "What made you think that I would ever wear these?" she asked. Yes, what indeed. If it's the thought that counts then it clearly wasn't a very well thought-out thought!

Comments

Popular Posts