Days #9, 10 & 11 of 30 Day Minimalist Challenge

Well sometimes trying to blog every day can get a bit too taxing! I wouldn't have minded but they were two days that I had off work too, just busy with family life - you know how it is.

However I have still been keeping up the challenge so let us begin.
Some really random stuff for Day 9 again. A couple of broken torches, an old android tablet, a book of guitar chords, fish net and fish food (not had fish for about 5 years) and assorted detritus. It is just amazing what accumulates around the house.
For Day 10 I got my kids involved. The top of my daughter's wardrobe is full of unplayed games (she is now 17) so we went through them finding ones to take down to the Oxfam shop. It's good timing as with Christmas coming up hopefully some new children can enjoy playing with them and Oxfam can do more good with the money that they bring in. So it's a 3-way win - definitely the most enjoyable of my disposals so far. Interestingly there were still some games that she wanted to keep, even though they too are not played.
And finally today, Day 11. An old set of golf clubs. 10 clubs + 1 bag = 11 items, until I realised that there were 16 golf balls & a box of tees in there, but let's just call it 11.

I had a brief spell when I hit a ball badly across some green spaces before calling it a day. We were trying to work out how long ago that was but were answered when I found an old supermarket flyer inside it with the headline 'Prepare for the Millennium!". So just the 17 years that these have been in the cupboard under the stairs then... They have gone up for sale on Gumtree.

It's actually starting to get quite tricky to find the time to find stuff around the house. However I've just realised that I have the garage and the loft to go at too so I think there is plenty still to be had. The game continues...

Comments

Popular Posts