Day #3 of 30 Day Minimalist Challenge

So here we are at day three. The good news is that I have found a buddy to do this with, my 15 year old daughter. She hasn't actually got around to do her items for today yet but teenagers move at their own speed! Also she has had fewer years to accumulate as much 'stuff' as me so I think the challenge can be relaxed a bit for her.
So today's items, 3 for Day 3...

When I moved jobs back in June my former work didn't actually ask for my laptop back so it has just been sat at home all that time, waiting for me to take it in. I suspect that it would have waited a few months more through sheer inaction before this challenge kicked me into action. I took it in today and it was good to catch up with former colleagues that I hadn't seen for a few months.

So one laptop, one charger and, just to keep with the technology theme, a manky old mouse that I've had kicking about the place for years.

This decluttering feels good. There is a sort of calm to it and, without it being a conscious choice, I've noticed that I'm buying noticeably less. Surely the first thing we have to do is stop accumulating before we can start divesting? I need to have a think about what tomorrow is going to be now as I'm trying to save the books & CDs for the big numbers!

Comments

Popular Posts