Day #26 of 30 Day Minimalist Challenge - What is the World coming to?


I don't know when I first started getting The Economist magazine's "The World In..." series but I'm guessing it would have been the late 90s. It would come out just in time for Christmas and I would always buy a copy. It's a good mix of politics & economics, sports & culture and I pretty much read it cover to cover. At some point I must have decided to try and collect them all, going back to when they started in 1987.

From this picture you can tell 2 things. I stopped collecting them 7 years ago (the 2018 edition is due out any moment) and that I never did find 1989! They have been sat in a stack on the windowsill in the spare room for the last 10 years or so. As you can tell from my previous posts, that windowsill has hosted a cornucopia of unused stuff.

I don't think that I paid much for any of them but I'm kind of thinking that they have to be worth something. It's still a popular publication and some of these are 30 years old. So I shall be putting all 26 on eBay and seeing how we get on. And if you were bothered enough to count in the picture above (well done you) and noticed that's not 26 then you're right. There were a few years were I had duplicates.

I'd been saving this one up for 26 but with 4 days left and 114 items still to find, this is going to get very hard indeed.

Comments

Popular Posts